Problem Solving with Practical Solutions!
"Redesign the environment so that problem behaviors are irrelevant, inefficient, ineffective, and new skills are learned." - Dr. Susan Friedman
Family pet or family outcast?
- House soiling?
- Puppy Mouthing/Nipping?
- Dog to dog problems?
- Home-alone issues?
- Inappropriate greetings?
Happy Tails Family Dog Training is committed to helping you find solutions.
- Initial consultation: Gathering information and the history of the problem behaviors.
- Discussion of problem: Setting achieveable goals and prognosis.
- Possible veterinary exam to rule out anything medical that might be causing the problem behavior. Clean bill of health?
- Discussion: Strategies for safety and management.
- Set ups: For training and behavior modification
Happy Tails employs the use of desensitization, counter conditioning, and response-prevention techniques when working with dogs that bark, growl, lunge at or hide from people, dogs, or objects in the environment. Setting up structured training exercises to change the way dogs feel and therefore behave in their problem environments.
Behavior modification requires committment (time, lessons, practice) and success is dependent on the individual dog and client participation. There are no guarantees in dog training and/or behavior modification. Happy Tails Family Dog Training will strive to provide you with the most up-to-date training protocols and will give you the skills to be able to continue training your dog long after you complete your lessons.
Happy Tails works with fearful behavior on a case-by-case basis. When there is a bite-to-human history or a high probability of a bite, you may be referred to a Veterinary Behaviorist or Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist.