Control Unleashed - Conversation Fundamentals
Taught by me, Deb Manheim, Certified Control Unleashed Instructor.
What is Control Unleashed(TM) ? Leslie McDevitt put forth a thoughtful program consisting of structured training exercises to help dogs focus on repetitive tasks while triggers are slowly folded into the mix. Everything is done sub-arousal threshold giving the learner a chance to be thoughtufl about what is going on in his/her environment. Read about Control Unleashed exercises in her books: Control Unleashed Creating a Focused and Confident Dog, Control Unleashed The Puppy Book, and Control Unleashed Reactive to Relaxed. Learn the basics of how to help your dog manage in the face of sometimes overwhelming situations that s/he may find too scary or too exciting.
- 1,2,3 games! How to get from one place to another.
- Superbowls! How your dog can tell you when she's ready to move forward.
- Matwork and Being Still. Teaching your dog to calm while on her safe place.
- Learning how to Take a Breath. People and dogs will benefit from this relaxation exercise.
- Using reorienting in everyday practice. Dogs that can re-connect and look for you is an essential piece of any dog's training.
- Whiplash turns with Name Game. For great recalls.
- Playing Give Me a Break - a focus game for challenging environmnents.
Sounds like something you'd like to do? This 4-week class begins Sunday, April 18th. Each class runs for 1-1.5 hours. $130 per human/dog team.
Start time: 10am
Class dates: 4/18, 4/25, 5/9, 5/16. No class on 5/2/2021
Where: Class location and directions will be sent upon completion of registration. Social distancing is strictly adhered to and this is an outdoor class.
See details and sign up here! CUCF
If necessary, I will add another class to accommodate more students.
- Dogs with bite histories (dog to human or dog to dog) may or may not be a good fit for this class. To discuss, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your phone number.